Alternative to qlogic scsi card for 550au

Hi,

I have a PWS 550au with a (standard?) QLogic ISP1020 card. I have now
tried to attach an old Exabyte 8200 to the this host adapter and had
several kernel panics. After some search I finally discovered that the
qlogic card "does not support disconnect/ reconnect, which makes using
it with tape drives impractical." (Quote from the kernels
README.qlogicisp)

So I am looking to replace/add another scsi host  adapter to my box
which will support tape drives better. Are there any recommendations
for which card I should get?

Also would you recommend adding another card just for the tape or to
completely replace the qlogic card?

Thanks,

	Andrew