Isa Modems...

Wow, this has been interesting and a bit difficult. I am finally 'up' and have webmin and almost X running. I have installed the appropriate modules to get the sound system working and ethernet system. The last frontier is to get a modem running. I put an isa 56k generic real modem (not a winmodem) in the 'shared slot'. The next card 'above' this one is the video card and there are no other cards in it. I only get 2 serial ports detected on boot. This card worked fine in my intel box under linux for a number of years until I got DSL. Isapnp does not detect anything on the xp1000. Any hints on getting this to work?

KeithG