Dependency problem with whiptail

I think this is an old problem, but I'm not sure who the word should go to.
Package "whiptail" installs fine on i386 but is held back on alpha because
alpha has libc6.1 and i386 has libc6.  Is this just a problem in labelling the
dependency?  Who should be notified?

Thanks,
Vic Cain

Results from attempted install:

-> apt-get install whiptail
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  whiptail: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.1-1) but it is not installable
E: Sorry, broken packages

-> dpkg -l | grep libc6
ii  libc6.1        2.3.1-16       GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone
ii  libc6.1-dev    2.3.1-16       GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Hea

-
Victor R. Cain             (865)435-5084    Fax:(865)435-9709
E: vic@vicsfamily.net      Web: www.vicsfamily.net

------------ Quote of the Hour ------------
"Well, Id say that was a sin all right... and it was certainly original."