Re: Debian 3.0 on AS1000A 5/333 won't shutdown/reboot

Hi David!

David Duminy wrote:

The device /dev/srm allows you to set the srm's variables from linux. I think you that 'echo 0 > /dev/srm/boot_osflags ' under linux is equivalent to the 'set boot_osflags 0' under SRM.

the /dev/srm device should be enabled in the kernel. Maybe you have to compile a new kernel to enable it.

Hope this will help.

Thx. I'try this tonight. I there anywhere a special site which describes how to compuile a kernel on an Alphaserver? I just found some sites which are covering 2.0.x ...

What I don't understand is:

Why does the machine try to boot again after the OS has shutdown?
Because of the flag 0?
Then you proposal won't work either? I hope I'm wrong :-)

Regrads, Jens