Debian 3.0 on AS1000A 5/333 won't shutdown/reboot
I successfully installed Debian 3.0 on my Alphaserver 1000A 5/333.
Booting/Rebooting with aboot and Kernel 2.2.x works fine.
After i installed kernel-2.4.18-generic I have the problem that the machine
- shuts down to SRM and then
- tries to boot again with flag 0
- normal SRM-commands (i.e. set, boot) don't work anymore
To boot automatically I set 'boot_osflags 0' and 'auto_action boot'.
Even a 'boot <cdrom-device>' doesn't work anymore, because it calls the
flag 0 automatically
- What would help to get a 'clean' shutdown/reboot?
- Is it possible to cancel the aboot-sequence at startup to set
'boot_osflags <empty>' (is a 'set boot_osflags' enough?)?
Thanks in advance,