Re: Radeon 9000 and Alpha Debian 3.0 r1 (machine posts!)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Radeon 9000 and Alpha Debian 3.0 r1 (machine posts!)
- From: "Matt Simis" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 10:52:21 +0100
- Message-id: <b980km$geg9v$1@ID-131939.news.dfncis.de>
- References: <b8udh3$ddjur$1@ID-131939.news.dfncis.de>
Right, upgraded to XFree86 4.2.1 and installed the Gatos DRM and Radeon
driver. Got Accelerated X but no DRI (yet) by passing the ChipId of a Radeon
8500 to the driver in XF86Config.
Well on the way to having an Alpha we decent 3D accel, thanks for the help
"Matt Simis" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> I have found that the Radeon 9000 PCI is capable of posting on in an
> infact in perhaps poorest VGA supported Alpha, the Ruffian (164UX).
> the Voodoo3 nor any nVidia card will allow machine post.
> Unfortunately, Im at a little bit of a loss on what to do from here. The
> version of Xfree86
> supplied doesnt seem to like this Radeon, even VGA mode doesnt work.
> Using the "Radeon" driver I get:
> (EE) No screens detected
> and using the "VGA" driver I get:
> Fatel Server Error
> Addscreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0
> It would appear I need XFree86 4.3.0 to get started, any more tips?
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact