Re: newbie

The osf/bsd labels are a tad confusing at first.  It took me the better
part of a day to figure it out.  I'm not entirely sure which
partitioning tool you're being sent to, but i suggest you hit alt+f2 and
use fdisk.  fdisk /dev/hda will probably be what you'll have to type.
Now if you hit "m" for help, you should see "b   edit bsd disklabel".
Thats what you're looking for.  You dont want partitions on the disk,
you want BSD disklabels.  They are slightly different.

Here's a tip for ya...save yourself a bit of trouble, and start the
first labal "a" a few megs from the start.  I'm guessing you'll be using
aboot to boot the box, it needs a bit of room at the start of the disk.
That'll give it the room it needs.

Richard Fillion
rick@rhix.ods.org