Re: Debian 3.0 and user mode linux
This one time, at band camp, Carlos L.M. wrote:
> Is it possible to install RedHat 7.2 (from Compaq
>ISOs) under user mode linux (UML) on a debian host ??
I don't believe that user-mode-linux runs on anything other than i386
machines at the moment.
However, I run Red Hat 7.3 and Red Hat 8.0 in uml on my Debian workstation
(i386) based on instructions at the following url:
and the notes I made for myself when I set it up (which might be totally
useless or nonsensical ;-) are:
* RedHat 7.3 from http://linuxhacker.ru/uml/
- stage2.img cramfs is actually an ISO9660 filesystem
- mount ubd0 on host and copy to an ext3 filesystem.
* RedHat 8.0 from same
- requires some FS hacking after install to convert ubd0 to a normal
- watch out for install "hanging", machine still active, give it a ping.
* Debian 3.0 via rootstrap