Re: Browser for Multia

"Marc Schlensog" <fishtank@web.de> writes:

> I am looking for a quick and small browser, so that I can use my
> little Multia as a web-terminal. I'm using mozilla right now, but I
> have to say: it's a real pain.

w3m-img I don't think it get any lighter and still suppot images and
such things. On my FreeBSD-box I also used a version of links with a
graphic mode. It doesn't seem to be packaged for Debian yet.

> Furthermore: what seems to be a decent windowmanager for such a
> machine?  twm would be fine for me, but my girlfriend also needs
> access once in a while, so that might not be a permanent option.

Fluxbox, metacity, flwm, XFce the number of choices is almost
endless. None of these looks to evil for a girlfriend to use. Evilwm
might be an option but if twm is out of the question evilwm might be
disqualified too.

(Not that I have any sucessfull experience in converting girlfriends
to X11)

--
 Peter Makholm     |                                 Wisdom has two parts:
 peter@makholm.net |                           1) having a lot to say, and