Re: ruffian+milo question

Hi!

>> Maybe your floppy disks are faulty? Milo has much bigger problems
> Could well be. Never gets used. Does superformat work for you?

No, superformat doesn't work, it fails during calibration. (Anybody
has this working on an alpha?) But I meant the disks anyway, not the
drive. I had to try serveral disks until it worked. But I think there
were some kind of error messages.

At what stage does booting fail? When loading milo, the kernel or the
root file system? Any error messages?

> What happens if you remove the floppy during boot? Mine just keeps
> the floppy led on and does nothing.

Unfortunately, I cannot reboot the machine now (or in the next few
days). So I can't test it.

Bye,
Stefan

--
Technische Universitaet Muenchen   Raum:   1131
Physik-Department T39              Tel.:   089/289-12197