Mylex Extremeraid 3000 + DAC960 woes.

Hi,
i bumped into the old-time issue of compiling the DAC960 driver on
my alpha box.

I got a Mylex Extremeraid 3000 ( the fibre-channel Raid controller ),
which ist being supported by the DAC driver according to the docs.

My system is still potato-based - in fact, i will use the fibre-channel
raid as the storage for my fresh and shiny woody system - and
i ran into the usual issues compiling DAC960. In the list-archives,
i found the hint, that removing the inline-declaration of some/most/all
funtions in DAC960.h helps getting the driver compiled. I found out,
that some inline's have to be in place for assuring the driver
being compiled without warnings/errors.
However, the kernel fails to setup the mylex correctly, giving
the following messages:

[...]
PCI: dev Mylex Corporation eXtremeRAID 2000/3000 support Device type 64-bit
[...]
DAC960: ***** DAC960 RAID Driver Version 2.4.11 of 11 October 2001 *****
DAC960: Copyright 1998-2001 by Leonard N. Zubkoff <lnz@dandelion.com>
DAC960#0: Unable to Enable Memory Mailbox Interface for Controller at
DAC960#0: PCI Bus 1 Device 8 Function 0 I/O Address N/A PCI Address 0xA000000

As one can see, the card is found and identified according to the PCI database,
but it fails initalisation.

The systems' specs are:
UP2000, dual CPU ( EV67 )
potato, current fixes applied,
Kernel 2.4.19
The controller's BIOS is enabled ( however SRM does not see it ).
The controller runs ok in an x86-box, which i used to setup the controller
and the RAID itself.
I'm aware, that SRM won't let me boot off the RAID, or even configuring it.
I can live with that.

Any ideas ?
Someone running this fairly recent mylex in an alpha ?

It seems to me, that the model 3000 is *very* similar to the 2000, which
has SCSI-interfaces instead of the FC-AL loops.

Regards,
T. Weyergraf

--
Thomas Weyergraf                                                kirk@colinet.de
My Favorite IA64 Opcode-guess ( see arch/ia64/lib/memset.S )