Re: DVD player for Alpha?

On Monday, 14 Oct, Falk Hueffner wrote:

> That seems more likely. Perhaps it somehow grabs video RAM, or it
> floods the server with X requests, triggering races...

It doesn't look like races, as there is no visible increase in X server's
CPU consumption, yet the effect is 100% repeatable.  Grabbing resources is
a likely cause.  By the way, I've just encountered (totally by accident)
another application that also triggers that BadAtom thing.  It's XMMS.
Oh, and my machine is an EV67 XP1000 with Elsa Gloria - it's significantly
different from the hardware described in the original message so it looks
like a core X server problem rather than a driver/platform support glitch.

Nikita