Re: DVD player for Alpha?

On Thursday, 10 Oct, Thomas Evans wrote:
> Well, when I use the XVideo method, I often get failed X requests:
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  141 (XVideo)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  19 ()
>   Atom id in failed request:  0x2c0000b
>   Serial number of failed request:  2624

I get exactly this error (except for the atom id and serial numbers) with
xine when I happen to run rdesktop at the same time.  Closing rdesktop
helps.  There's a 100% repeatability: xine always fails when rdesktop is
running (whether in a window or minimised), and never fails when rdesktop
is not running.  Rdesktop is a remote terminal client for Windows NT which
runs in a 256 colour mode (because of the protocol).  Perhaps there is
some clash between non-true-colour applications and Xv in the X server?

Nikita