Re: 3ware escalade 3w-xxxx.smp -driver

Hello !
On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 02:27:03PM +0200, Juha Jäykkä wrote:
> > Why not use a 2.4 kernel?
>
>   Because, for some strange reason, the stock 2.4.18-smp does not work:
> its initrd is broken (at least it is missing a modules.dep) AND 2.4.18
> does not compile either... Debian stable not so stable this time? No, I am
> NOT going to testing/unstable; not with this machine. Would gcc-3.0 help
> with the compilation problem..?

We had an rawhide which we could only boot UP with a 2.9x-compiler;
only the patched kernel from RH directly worked. Now we used gcc 3.2
and it compiled and runs fine (at least almost). So yes, you should
probably switch to gcc 3.2 for SMP kernels on alpha.

Greetings

          Helge

--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de