Re: 3ware escalade 3w-xxxx.smp -driver

Juha Jäykkä wrote:
Has anyone successfully built the above mentioned driver with kernel
2.2.20? I keep getting a segfault when I try to insmod it. There are a lot
of warnings regarding casts from pointer (64-bit) to integer (32-bit) but
those are all parameters to printk or dprintk so I do not think they are
the cause. There is also one assembler error messge:

/tmp/cc4NHt55.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cc4NHt55.s:17: Warning: ignoring changed section attributes for
.modinfo

But I doubt that is the cause either. Should I hit my alpha with a
2.4-kernel or go fix the source code?
Why not use a 2.4 kernel?

It will be better support on Alpha than any earlier release and is stable for a long time now.

Anyway, let me now news about 3Ware controllers working on Alpha, I was wondering, but I'm not ready to spend the money just to see it doesn't work. I suspect you won't be able to boot from it anyway, as it probably should be supported by SRM (or AlphaBIOS) for that.

Regards