Re: apt-get locks machine.

I've been seeing random ethernet lockups on my alpha PC164 box, with a
DEC ethernet card.  I have a cron job running every 5 minutes which
attempts to ping my firewall.  If it fails to get a response, it does
ifdown eth0; ifup eth0.  Hacky, but works.

I think I'll replace the ethernet card with something else at some
point.  I have a spare FA-311 kicking around which I know works in Intel
boxes - anyone know whether they work in the Alpha?

Tim