Re: X can't find usable screens

Josiah's config file worked for me. I compared it with what I'd been
doing, and the key was in fact to turn off fbdev, as he suggested. I
don't know why things got worse when I'd tried turning it off before.
My mistake, I guess - but then we all knew that anyways, right?
Big thanks to Josiah for the help. And also to Peter for his reply.

- Robert

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Robert Funnell wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Wm. Josiah Erikson wrote:
>
> > I might try turning off fbdev. I have an XP1000 with a Matrox Millennium
> > MGA (had to replace the original PBXGC with Cirrus Logic GD5429/IBM
> > 26H3574 because it's not supported in XFree86), and that's what I had to
> > do to make it work. Email me and I'll send you my config file if you want.
>
> In my experimenting I actually tried turning off fbdev at one point,
> and it seemed to make things worse. I got the messages
[snip]