Re: Booting debian on ES45 (Titan / Privateer)

On Thursday,  5 Sep, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Booting on a ES45 Titan/Privateer system gives the following:
>
> --
> halted CPU 0
>
> halt code = 2

Did you get any aboot messages above that?  Try booting with `b dqa -fl i'
to enter aboot's interactive mode (you'll want to try 0 after that), or
`b dqa -fl 0'.

On Thursday,  5 Sep, George France wrote:
> I would suggest that you use RH-7.2 for Alpha on the ES45.  The ES45
> has been tested with that distribution.  I do not believe that the Debian
> kernel has all the bits for the ES45.

I don't think Debian has access to an ES45 for testing.  Anyway, why not
indeed take advantage of the tested RedHat distribution and use their
kernel with Debian root and driver floppies...

Nikita