Re: Booting debian on ES45 (Titan / Privateer)
- To: Carlos O'Donell <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Booting debian on ES45 (Titan / Privateer)
- From: George France <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:33:42 -0400
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20020905192436.GB18038@systemhalted>
- References: <20020905192436.GB18038@systemhalted>
I would suggest that you use RH-7.2 for Alpha on the ES45. The ES45
has been tested with that distribution. I do not believe that the Debian
kernel has all the bits for the ES45.
I hope this helps.
On Thursday 05 September 2002 15:24, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> I'm a semi-newbie when it comes to the Alpha arch (though I have
> a PowerSeries 1000/266 running debian). The current problem that
> I've run up against is:
> Using the following image:
> Burned on CD, then 'b dqa'.
> Booting on a ES45 Titan/Privateer system gives the following:
> halted CPU 0
> halt code = 2
> kernels stack not valid
> I've verified the MD5SUM and the CD (via xcdroast image verify).
> Though it looks like there might be something I've overlooked.
> Any help would be much appreciated! :)