Re: 3d on alpha?

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 09:31:01AM +0200, Idar Tollefsen wrote:

> The latest SRM on my 164LX is 5.68 (IIRC), which doesn't seem to
> understand or accept the pci_device_override setting. It's not
> saved between reboots, so setting it has no effect.

"pci_device_override" is necessary (and understood) ONLY on MIATA (PWS).

Also, I believe that the last SRM console on LX was 5.8; 5.68 may be
the last AlphaBIOS version?

> This to my great frustration as I have a 3DLabs Oxygen GVX1 I
> would like to use in it. I've told Compaq (in Norway) that I'll
> gladly donate the card if they promise to at least look at the
> possibility of getting to work with older motherboards, such as
> the 164LX. Unfortunatly, they can't be persuaded to "waste" their
> time on old Digital boards.

I don't know if your "GVX1" is the same as the VX1 that we have been
selling in some of the EV6 boxes for a while now, but mine seems to
work OK in older machines like LX, even in the original PC164 and
some earlier EV45 boxes.

I assume it doesn't complete BIOS init, leaving you with black screen?

Could you send me some details on the board?

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - MRO1-2/K15       (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com