Booting a XLT300 from the network ??

Hello,

Because my XLT300 has a very noisy harddisk (HP SureStore 2000) I'm
searching for other ways of booting the machine. Instead of getting me a
new harddisk (why should I, I still have 10 SureStores...), I noticed
that a bios upgrade gave me an option to boot from the network.

I would like to know if this will work in combination with Linux and
what I need to use as a boot image. I would really like a pointer to a
FM, because Google fails to provide me one.

A related question/problem is swapping over NFS/network on an Alpha. Has
anyone done that before ??

--
Tot ziens,

Bart-Jan