Re: woody on pc164 questions

Not sure if this helps, but on my multia I have to force the tulip
driver to use a particular port because it doesn't autosense the network
type correctly (it spits out "heartbeat not detected" messages).

I force it to use the 10Base-T jack with:

alias eth0 tulip
options tulip options=9

in my modules.conf

Once I do that, everything works fine.

There's a list of the media types and their associated numbers here:
http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html

While the DE4X5 driver does work quite well, the tulip driver seems to
be more actively maintained.

Dan