Re: openoffice.org binaries for testing?

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 11:29:12AM -0400, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
> > does anyone have any? i've run into multiple problems trying to build it.
>
> Not that I know of.  The lack of a Debian JDK package for alpha isn't
> helping either (at least for producing debs).  At one point, I did try to
> build it, but didn't get far either (probably about two months after the
> code was first released).  I haven't tried since due to lack of time.  How
> far have you gotten with it?

not very far. i'm not sure i'm giving it the right java "home" directory. i
set it up /usr/java/jdk1.3.1/ (compaq's jdk). see the url below. i've tried
a bunch of things, including hard coding "gcc -dumpversion" into that file,
but it doesn't help.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2002/debian-alpha-200206/msg00086.html

kaffe is just for running it, right? and compaq's (other) jdk is required to
compile to byte code? kaffe doesn't have a jdk, does it?

--
Tom Vier <tmv@comcast.net>
DSA Key ID 0xE6CB97DA