Sound on AS500/500

Hi,

I recently purchased an AS500/500 and installed debian/woody on it.
Everthing works fine, except two things:

After installing the 2.4.18 kernel (or was it 2.4.17) via dselect, I
can't use the floppy anymore. The floppy module loads without complaints,
but it is broken. The 2.2 kernel (and the floppy module) however works
fine!
Moreover I can't find out what sound card is used in the AS500/500 and how
to get it working. I tried all 2.2 and 2.4 kernel modules, but none works.
I looked in the web for some hint and all I found out was that some people
using an add-on soundcard, like Creative-Labs Soundblaster.
Also nothing is mentioned in the docs I found about the AS500 on the
internet.

My suspicion is that
1) the sound card is supported, but I have to
   configure it via the EISA Configuration Utility (on a floppy disk,
   which I don't have and which is not available on the internet due to
   licencing issues)
2) it is not supported at all

Any hints ?

Thanks in advance,

greetings max

PS: please cc: me in your replies, since I'm not subscribed to the list