Re: A SOLUTION: Booting 2.4.18 kernel w/ sym53c8xx on XLT-300

Hello again.

Thanks to those who provided feedback. It is very much appreciated!

As a follow-up, I have had the kernel running almost continously (down for a power failure last week) since the "fix" without any problems at all (about 20+ days). I have been using it "moderately" in routine home use.

I really don't expect any fundamental problems with this fix, in that all it really does is re-instate the PCI bus checking schema that had been used in previous kernels up through at least 2.4.9 for the XLT-300. The "cost" is giving up some expanded capability that this computer cannot take advantage of anyway.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-