Re: Files missing in package libapache-mod-speedycgi

severity 147658 serious
thanks

On Sun 26 May 2002, David Hellekalek wrote:

> I installed libapache-mod-speedycgi and found out that the following files
> are missing:
> usr/lib/apache/1.3/500mod_speedycgi.info
> usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_speedycgi.so
>
> They are in the package for x86 but they are not in the package for Alphas.

I've rebuilt the package myself on alpha, and I confirm that the files
are not placed in the package. The .so _is_ built:

ls -l apache/mod_speedycgi.so
-rwxr-xr-x    1 paul     paul        33163 May 26 21:11 apache/mod_speedycgi.so

but simply not placed in the package.

Another test shows that when building both source and binary packages
(like the maintainer usually does), it works fine. Hence it's a clear
packaging error, and all other architectures besides the maintainer's
will probably have this problem. Hell, if the maintainer tries building
with the -B option to dpkg-buildpackage, he'll see the same thing,
making it easy to reproduce for him :-)

As this is a flaw in the building logic, I'm marking this a serious bug.

Paul Slootman