Re: XLT-PC164-Ruffian MILOs available for test

Jay,

Thank you for the new MILO.  It successfully boots on my XL300.

However, there seems to be a problem spinning up the disks.  After entering the command
to boot the floppy kernel image the system hangs. It hangs after displaying a message about
spinning up the first disk (sda). The disk does spin up, you can hear it. Reseting the system,
booting the MILO floppy, and again trying to boot the floppy kernel image hangs the system
spinning up the second disk (sdb). Third time I receive the error "Not enough memory", I have
32MB (and two disks).

Has anyone else reported problems spinning up the disks?

Do I need more than 32MB RAM, or is this a symptom of another problem?

-- Scott

The disks spin up
successfully, but the system hangs.