Re: Bug 136261 - alpha only?

severity 136261 important
quit

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 09:21:24PM +1100, Craig Small wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 08:58:28AM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:

> > Bug 136261 against libmm does not appear to be reproducable on any of
> > the arches I've got access to.  It appears to require apache and php4 to
> > reproduce so I don't know I'll be able to do anything on the debian.org
> > machines.

> Is this the error where you get messages in the apache log like
> unable to start at 0 at mm.o or something like that?

Apparently so...

> If so, I have seen it on both i386 and alpha arches.  Changing the
> session.save_handler = files

> works, changing it to shared mem borks it.

Ah, thanks!  I didn't realise that this was optional behaviour for PHP
(I don't use it myself).  I had assumed that since the submitter filed
the bug as severity grave and didn't give any instructions for
reproducing the bug that things would fail in the default setup (looking
at the PHP4 bug reports seemed to suggest that shared memory was enabled
by default).

Setting the save_handler to mm does reproduce the problem - I'm
downgrading the bug since this is non-default behaviour and the fact
that nobody has reported this previously seems to suggest it's not that
crippling.