Milo fails on SX with 18Gb disk

Hi

I'm running an PC164SX , using milo to boot my kernel,
which was working fine when I used a 4.5 Gb scsi harddisk.

Now I have put in a 18 Gb scsi disk and milo fails to load the kernel
from that disk , or read the filesystems on it.
It gives errors indicating it does not recognize the (ext2) filesystem.
(BTW I can load a milo off a FAT filesystem on the 18 Gb disk)

When I boot the kernel from the 4.5 Gb disk , but
use the 18 Gb disk for  / , it's all fine.
All filesystems check are OK.
So once the kernel is running it has no problem with the 18 Gb disk at all.

I've tried the newer milo's for my system , all have the same behavior.

I use ARC BIOS. The   scsi-controller is an AHA2940UW but that should not
be a problem
since the 4.5 Gb disk boots off it fine.

Does anyone know off anything to try before I start converting to srm/aboot
?
(Which I'm not to happy about, as it involves flashing , repartioning
disks....)

All hints are appreciated !

Jaap.

privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly
prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change.
ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (including its group companies) shall not be liable for
the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in
this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your
system. ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (or its group companies) does not guarantee that
the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this
communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.