Re: flakey miata 433a

On Monday 25 February 2002 10:30 am, Steffen Higel wrote:
> How many processors are in the UP2000? I was under the impression that a
> single 21264 could crunch seti units in around 4 hours.

It's a single processor system. It USED to finish them off in about 4 hours,
but the latest update to set@home has increased the amount of work done by
the program, so it has resulted in longer times for finishing packets.

It's still a very fast machine, it's just suprising how far conventional PCs
have come.

Marty Sanborn

--
| Martin Sanborn - Dept. of Chemical Engineering - Northwestern University |
| m-sanborn@nwu.edu - (847)467-1653 - http://zeolites.cqe.nwu.edu/marty |