Re: FlashPoint LW & Potato??

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 04:17:59PM -0500, Gerald Taylor wrote:

> DEC AlphaStation XLT 366
> Mylex (BusLogic) FlashPoint LW Ultra SCSI PCI adapter
> Potato 2.2 stable.
>
> I've compiled a kernel with support for this card (2.2.18pre21) and get the
> following message on bootup every time:
>
> BusLogic: FlashPoint Host Adapter detected at PCI Bus 0 Device 7
> BusLogic: I/O Address 0x9800 PCI Address 0x9001000, but FlashPoint
> BusLogic: support was omitted in this kernel configuration.
>
> OK--I know there is an option in the Kernel Config to Omit support for the
> FlashPoint card, but this option is /not/ checked.
>
> Anyone ever get one of these cards working on AlphaLinux?

The following code appears in the BusLogic.h file in 2.2.19, and
presumably earlier ones as well:

/*
  FlashPoint support is only available for the Intel x86 Architecture with
  CONFIG_PCI set.
*/

#ifndef __i386__
#undef CONFIG_SCSI_OMIT_FLASHPOINT
#define CONFIG_SCSI_OMIT_FLASHPOINT
#endif

#ifndef CONFIG_PCI
#undef CONFIG_SCSI_OMIT_FLASHPOINT
#define CONFIG_SCSI_OMIT_FLASHPOINT
#define BusLogic_InitializeProbeInfoListISA \
  BusLogic_InitializeProbeInfoList
#endif

Now you can see why you don't get the FlashPoint support... ;-}

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Engineering - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K15         (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com