Ingo Molnar's new scheduler in 2.4.17 for alpha

Hi,

I know, this is a bit off topic on this list, but maybe someone has done it already:

I would like to try the new scheduler from Ingo Molnar. He does provide
patches for 2.4.17 as well as some development kernels. Unfortunately, they
don't work with alpha.
By looking at the patch, a number of thinks are modified in the arch/i386 and
include/asm-i386 trees, which are obviously arch-dependant.

Does anybody know about some work in progress on that or even
have ported the patch yet ?

I'm specifically looking at the patch, since my SMP-alpha is used to build
a lot of stuff by using parallel makes, as well as several independant makes
concurrently. For that type of load, the patch looks promising.

Any ideas ?

Regards,
T. Weyegraf

--
Thomas Weyergraf                                                kirk@colinet.de
My Favorite IA64 Opcode-guess ( see arch/ia64/lib/memset.S )