Re: AlphaBIOS to SRM (and back?)

On Friday 11 January 2002 09:23 am, Rich Payne wrote:
> > Any suggestions, short of replacing the motherboard with an Intel, would
> > be greatly appreciated.
>
> Try a different version of AlphaBIOS and/or SRM. Make sure the write
> protect jumper isn't on. Make another floppy of the image...

I'll second the suggestion for making a new floppy image. It took me 4 disks
and about 6 or 7 tries to get the image correct when I updated my LX164 from
an older SRM to a new version. It was pretty finicky when making the image
disk, I'm not sure why. Maybe I just did it wrong the first 5 or 6 times.

Marty Sanborn

--
| Martin Sanborn - Dept. of Chemical Engineering - Northwestern University |
| m-sanborn@nwu.edu - (847)467-1653 - http://zeolites.cqe.nwu.edu/marty |