Re: Updating AlphaBIOS to SRM on an AlphaPC 164LX

 Searching lx164nt.rom Error

Call the file lx164nt.rom -- The description within the howto is wrong. I had the same trouble while updating to AlphaBIOS 5.70.

Make shure that the pins 2 + 3 of Jumper J28 on the parentboard are jumpered together -- wich is the default. Otherwise, the flash ROM is
write protected.

I tried also to update to SRM for just 2 years. But, without success. Since
Linux brings his own PAL-Code I can not see any reason to update to SRM.

Greeting

Harald