On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Juha Jäykkä wrote:

>   Just a quick question, off topic: since we are getting a hell of a
> lot of these korean character set emails that are (presumably) spam,
> could we just start filtering out any email in that charset? The
> language of the list is english so there is no need of non-latin
> alphabets, certainly not korean. Or is there..?

	By including him on the reply, you just confirmed your address.
You're going to see much more of that 'pleasure diamond ring coupling set'
:).

	Anyway, by filtering against ks_c_5601-1987 or euc-kr outright,
submissions by koreans could be silently rejected. They may write in
English, but their name is sent in the local korean character sets. Maybe
it would be better to just reject html mail, as most spammers seem to be
using that, and there is no real reason to use it on this mailing list.

Greetings,
Michael.

"I'm not just a server, but I'm also a client."		Debian GNU/Linux
Michael Stroucken	stroucki@debian.org	 Is your penguin 64 bit?