Re: whats up? 511577428

> I am for it. And I would like to know the cost of the blackhole list -
> I would even donate money for that reason. Is there a sponsoring pool
> or something like that set up for it?

  I do not know which MAPS services debian used to use, but the prices
are at http://mail-abuse.org/feestructure.html. Probably the cost
would be $125/nameserver/year + $5/user/year... I would pay that $5 any
time to stop the spam. Anyone else? The $125 is quite nothing,
especially if divided between all list subscribers.

> We could try to send a reply to the sender address (if it is a replyable
> address...) which states why it was blocked.

  That might do. Or send those via some kind of a moderator?

>>   How about looking at the recipient list: if there are more than,
>> say, five recipients, then kill the mail. The only case where a mail
> Right, but you won't kill much spam with it, IMHO.

  These spams we have got as lately have fallen in that category. Most
spam still comes through open relays and I doubt this would help
those nor those without any html in them... Another nice regexp would
be something like '^$' - kill all that match. No one could start a
line with a dollar sign any more, but... or any $'s in the subject?-o

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|