Re: SCSI tape drive and compression

On Friday 16 November 2001 10:09 am, Martin Sanborn wrote:
> The only thing my kernel reports when booting is
>
> st: Version 20011003, bufsize 32768, wrt 30720, max init. bufs 4, s/g segs
> 16
>
> and later on
>
> st0: Block limits 1 - 16777215 bytes.
>
> Could this be a problem with devfs? Maybe I should make a kernel without
> devfs support and see how it goes.

Not devfs.. I still get the same behavior without it. Perhaps next a build of
the tape module separately and see how it goes when it gets inserted into the
kernel.

I'm now going two weeks without backups. I guess I'll have to go buy some
more tapes if I can't get compression working.

Marty Sanborn

--
| Martin Sanborn - Dept. of Chemical Engineering - Northwestern University |
| m-sanborn@nwu.edu - (847)467-1653 - http://zeolites.cqe.nwu.edu/marty |