Re: SCSI tape drive and compression

On Tuesday 13 November 2001 11:19 am, Philippe Troin wrote:
> Have you simply tried "mt-st -f <device> compression 1" ?

I have now tried that and I still get no compression on the drive.

> What does mt-st prints when you reboot and/or install the st module ?
> Mine says:
>
> st0: Mode 0 options: buffer writes: 1, async writes: 1, read ahead: 1
> st0:    can bsr: 1, two FMs: 0, fast mteom: 0, auto lock: 1,
> st0:    defs for wr: 1, no block limits: 0, partitions: 1, s2 log: 1
> st0:    sysv: 0
> st0: Default block size set to 0 bytes.
> st0: Compression default set to 1

The only thing my kernel reports when booting is

st: Version 20011003, bufsize 32768, wrt 30720, max init. bufs 4, s/g segs 16

and later on

st0: Block limits 1 - 16777215 bytes.

Could this be a problem with devfs? Maybe I should make a kernel without
devfs support and see how it goes.

Marty Sanborn

--
| Martin Sanborn - Dept. of Chemical Engineering - Northwestern University |
| m-sanborn@nwu.edu - (847)467-1653 - http://zeolites.cqe.nwu.edu/marty |