Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment (was Re: JRE won't work as my cpml_ev5.so is zero size)

Michael Lake wrote:
> I am actually trying to get xeena an IBM XML editor running.
> xeena-1.2EA$ ./sample_dtd.sh
> using java in [/usr/java/jre1.3.1]
> /usr/java/jre1.3.1/bin/jre: error in loading shared libraries:
> libhpi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I found a post on google by entering in libhpi.so which said....
> you have to add the following paths into /etc/ld.so.conf:
               > <jdk_path>/jre/lib/i386/native_threads/
               > <jdk_path>/jre/lib/i386
               > <jdk_path>/jre/lib/i386/classic

I replaced the i386 with alpha and now it picks up the lib libhpi.so
which is in /usr/java/jre1.3.1/lib/alpha/native_threads

I now just have this error:
using java in [/usr/java/jre1.3.1]
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.
xeena-1.2EA$

Ummm this seems to be getting close to running.
What little thing am I missing?
Mike
Michael Lake
Active caver, Linux enthusiast and interested in anything technical.
Safety Convenor, Australian Speleological Federation
Owner, Speleonics (Australia)