Re: aptitude on alpha (again, sigh)

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Daniel Burrows wrote:

>   Can anyone reproduce/hunt down 114270?  I can't reproduce it (I think
> it's probably Alpha specific), and I don't really have much of an idea
> where it could be.  I haven't gotten any other reports of this, which
> makes me wonder if maybe it could be the reporter's system.

It's an Alpha thing.  I started looking into this bug a few weeks ago, but
got busy with other things.  One thing I do know that needs to be done is
adding "-mieee" to CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS on Alpha.  It would probably be
best to add this into the autoconf parts of the package rather than the
rules script (which is how I was experimenting with it).  I'll look at it
more tonight, if time allows (my main PC just died last night, so I need
to try to repair it).

IIRC, adding -mieee solves the segfault problem, but I believe my
investigation got interrupted before actually exercising aptitude more to
see if there were other problems.