Re: searching for xine testers

Hello !
On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 01:03:06AM +0200, Siggi Langauf wrote:
> Hi all,
<snip>
> I'd greatly appreciate any help testing the new packages and, even more
> important, keep them as portable as possible.
Great. Willing to help on my alpha LX.

> They _should_ compile on all kinds of architectures, but as you need
> console access to test them properly, I can't do that job.
Build went through but with some warnings (I did not catch).

> So if you just get it running: fine! Nice if you'd send me a note.
> If you need some minor patches: even better! Send them to me! I'll add
> them to CVS as quickly as possible.
> If there are any severe showstoppers: hmmm, notify me, or maybe even
> <xine-devel@lists.sf.net>, so we can find a solution.

My results:

BT.mpg: A longer MPEG-file(1) which both smpeg and mtvp failed on,
        with sound. Plays for some time and then segfaults. Picture
	quality is poor, but sound quality ok. I don't know where I
	got it from.

PrettyWoman.mpg: http://perso.enst.fr/~dauphin/mMosaic/videoref/
        800x600 (approx) with sound, several min. Sound perfect (as
	far as my wiring/ears allow) video ok (I have the impression a
	few more frames are dropped than by mtvp).

IBM-Ad: I got it from the IBM site. avi-file, plays with xanim. xine
        just causes seemingly white noise and no video. Is it possible
	to use the codes from xanim with xine as well ?

mpeg w/o sound: Xine segfaults.

Interestingly it keeps running when the file is actually no mpeg file
(i.e. a HTML-File just called bla.mpeg).

If you have some test files up for download I can try them of course.
Especially some non-mpeg files which are supposed to run.
I do not have a DVD-drive so I cannot test that part (unfortunately).

If you need more details feel free to contact me.

And thanks for your efforts. It is great to get a free (mpeg/..) on
the alpha since mtvp is quite outdated, closed source and not very
comfortable and smpeg just is too unstable.

Greetings

          Helge

(1) I forgot to look if it was an mpeg system file or a mpeg stream. I
    check that up if necessary.

--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de
         For gpg-key: finger kreutzm@rigel.itp.uni-hannover.de