Re: searching for xine testers

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Siggi Langauf wrote:

> I'm maintaining the xine video player packages and after some, umm,
> difficulties with several ports, I'd like to do it better this time.
>
> I'd greatly appreciate any help testing the new packages and, even more
> important, keep them as portable as possible.
> Therefore, I've set up an apt-gettable source archive for easy testing at
> http://people.debian.org/~siggi/xine-preview/
>
> the sources.list line is:
> deb-src http://people.debian.org/%7Esiggi/ xine-preview/
>
> you'll find two (source) packages there:
>
> xine-lib: contains the player engine as a library ("libxine")
> xine-ui: provides a default GUI with skins and stuff
>
> They _should_ compile on all kinds of architectures, but as you need
> console access to test them properly, I can't do that job.
>
> So if you just get it running: fine! Nice if you'd send me a note.
> If you need some minor patches: even better! Send them to me! I'll add
> them to CVS as quickly as possible.
> If there are any severe showstoppers: hmmm, notify me, or maybe even
> <xine-devel@lists.sf.net>, so we can find a solution.

Testing done!  Everything worked fine, although I didn't get a chance to
try the sound portions (my sound card is not in the box currently).  I
have a decent speed Alpha (PCA56 533MHz SX), but very little RAM (128MB),
so I'm sure it could perform better.  I'm curious to see if this works
better on EV6 if I compiled it as such (any takers?).