Re: (alpha) YES, we have working boot-floppies

Stefan Schroepfer wrote:

> >  There are a lot of PC164 variants. [...]
>
> I was talking about PC164 "without modifiers" (not LX,
> not SX, not UX ...). This is where none of the recent
> "Reinauer" Milos don't work ("Swapping to PALcode ..."
> and the machine hangs).
>
> Don, did you hear anything interesting from Stephan
> Reinauer? Is he already/still working on a new set of
> Milos?
>
> Regards,
> Stefan Schroepfer
>
> --

Nothing yet.  I tried to compile from his source here using gcc 2.95 and
3.0, but both fail.  I have found out that you have to have the reiserfs
patches applied, but I suspect there is something else.  It now bombs
out around the part that makes "env.o" rather consistantly.  I wish I
knew more about programming....I have forwarded all my info to Stepan,
and am sort of at his mercy.  I can't compile anything here, and the
pre-compiled versions don't work.

As an aside...are you certain that the milo that comes with Potato
doesn't support the newer ext2fs??  The version I have here
(milo-2.0.35-c7b) seems to support all the stuff I have thrown at it,
and I am pretty sure the change logs on this version note this support
was added.  It appears to originate from Nikita Schmidt's work, and is
located at ftp://genie.ucd.ie/pub/alpha/milo.  Am I wrong here??

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-