Re: aptitude on alpha?

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 07:44:41PM +0200, Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@student.uni-tuebingen.de> was heard to say:
> > I have received an extremely cryptic bugreport (#106588), stating
> > that aptitude 0.2.5.1 "segfaults on start".  (that's pretty much the
> > extent of the report) The only clue I have to go on, since the
> > reporter is nonresponsive, is that he is using an alpha system.  It
> > is quite possible I made a signedness error somewhere -- for one
> > thing, it has happened before -- and I was wondering if anyone on
> > this list could help.
>
> Hmm, a string::size_type problem. *scratches head* Didn't we have this
> before? Seems it would be better if you were lazy and used signed int
> eveywhere :)

  Hmmm, maybe..I don't like having compiler warnings about signedness,
though.

  Anyway, this should be fixed soon (ie, in the next upload).  Many thanks.

  Daniel

|             "Fluble, the others want you to know that we                    |
|              have you surrounded with tranquilizer rifles                   |
|              and are prepared to use them.  Again."  -- Fluble              |
\-- Does your computer have Super Cow Powers? ------- http://www.debian.org --/