Re: AS2100

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 08:34:31PM -0500, Michael Stroucken wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Jay Estabrook wrote:
>
> > You shouldn't have to upgrade, the FLASH should hold both. Though the
> > SRM that's "in there" may be quite old, so an update may be in order...
>
> 	So where are the latest firmware upgrades? When Dumpaq bought DEC,
> everything was thrown about between machines in the digital, DEC and
> compaq domains.

One can go via anonFTP to gatekeeper.dec.com:/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/v6.0.

> 	I have an LX164, currently booting through Alphabios and MILO.
> I've moved to the 2.4 kernels and milo doesn't compile cleanly against the
> kernel.

MILO was last ported to 2.2, not beyond.

> Furthermore, it doesn't look like milo is still maintained, so I'd
> like to switch over to SRM. Does it support a Symbios-based SCSI card?

Yes, SRM will likely handle 810/815/825/875/895, maybe 896 but prolly
not 1010.

Also, latest LX SRM consoles do handle Adaptec cards, but not U2W or
beyond, IIRC.

> BTW, has anyone gotten reiserfs to be supported with aboot?

I think I heard mention of some patches, but can't remember where; sorry...

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Engineering - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K20         (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com