Re: Silly Multia UDB question

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 12:48:57AM +0800, Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:
> can't as say that I could agree with this.  electonically speaking, there's
> no current being transmitted, and thus no power.  the only way it could
> burn out, is if there was no overvoltage limits in place, and with keyboards
> running on 5V, I can't see it killing the ports.  Don't forget it's a PS/2
> port and identical to any current generation PC.  I haven't heard of any
> reports of anyone's PS/2 keyboard (or mouse) port dying due to lack of use
> ;)

As another list member pointed out to me, it seems that I might have been
thinking about that if you yank out the keyboard cable while the machine
is running that it will fry the keyboard chip.

Either way, I think I've got enough reassurance to go ahead and tuck
away my multia in cool spot, sans keyboard, to chug away as a web
server.

-Rob