Re: KDE2 and Woody

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 08:32:52PM -0300, Thadeu Penna wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 12 Jun 2021, Thadeu Penna wrote:
> >
> > > I have just finished a long compilation task of qt-x11-2.3.0 using apt-get
> > > -b source qt-x11. So, why dont we have KDE 2 for alpha in woody yet?
> >
> > Try it out.  Chances are, on exit, binaries linked against those Qt libs
> > will segfault....
> >
> > In short, C++ support in gcc 2.95.x is not working (multiple inheritence
> > code shows the problem really badly).  I've been test-compiling Qt
> > versions with gcc-3.0 recently with good results.  KDE, however, isn't
> > ready for gcc3 yet, so it'll probably have to wait until after woody.
> >

> Do you think that KDE it is worth compiling using ccc ?
> I have a network with K7 so my users will prefer similar enviroments on
> any machine.

You can give it a try, but I did test it a few weeks ago and I had a few
solvable errors within the kdelibs. But AFAIR there was an error in the
kdebase which *I* could not solve (something in the ccc-headers)

Bye, Nils
--
Nils Bokermann           /"\
Johanneswerkstr. 90      \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign