Re: KDE2 and Woody

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021, Thadeu Penna wrote:

> I have just finished a long compilation task of qt-x11-2.3.0 using apt-get
> -b source qt-x11. So, why dont we have KDE 2 for alpha in woody yet?

Try it out.  Chances are, on exit, binaries linked against those Qt libs
will segfault....

In short, C++ support in gcc 2.95.x is not working (multiple inheritence
code shows the problem really badly).  I've been test-compiling Qt
versions with gcc-3.0 recently with good results.  KDE, however, isn't
ready for gcc3 yet, so it'll probably have to wait until after woody.