Re: Forgetful network config

> On Jun 12, Rob Byrnes illuminated with a virtual pen  :
>
> I have a PWS-500au running Potato.  I'm having a problem with the network
> settings.  I am using the built-in ethernet and the machine keeps on
> forgettng that it is supposed to bring up eth0 at boot.  Once the machine is
> booted I can issue the command

the config goes in /etc/network/interfaces
and should have contents similar to:

auto lo0
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
	address 192.168.1.10
	netmask 255.255.255.0
	network 192.168.1.0
	broadcast 192.168.1.255
	gateway 192.168.1.1

also, check that a networking script exists in /etc/init.d and is
referenced in rc?.d (where ? == 1,2,3,4,5,6)

/jp...
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   jeanpaul@ichr.uwa.edu.au     ||   Thaumaturgy