Re: Debian support of AlphaServer 2100a.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 11:17:28AM -0400, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> >      Does anybody knows any plan to support Debian on AlphaServer 2100a?
>
> There are no plans that I'm aware of, although I've never even seen a
> 2100a, so I wouldn't know what makes it so unique compared to the other
> 21xx's.  I'll re-check the kernel, though, if I can figure out what makes
> it different from the Sables that are in the 21xx family.

2100A (aka LYNX) differs from 2100 (SABLE) in interrupt delivery details;
current Linux kernels do not support it, though one of the *BSDs does now.

And yes, they are relatively rare compared to SABLEs.

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Engineering - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K20         (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com